For this Vinyl Desserts at 33 RPM series photographer Philip Karlberg and set designer / chef Mattias Nyhlin wanted to see another type of food images and created some themselves. Associating each image and recipe to a particular song, they listened to different music to find the right song for each image. Spinning on records, the visual of the image and the sense of how the food will taste all comes together in a playful way.
1. Song: Jolene by Dolly Parton. Candied pear with sweet red wine reduction
2. Song: If I had a heart by Fever Ray. Raspberry sorbet, mint ice cream and fig
3. Song: Where is my mind by Pixies. Panacotta
4. Song: You can call me Al by Paul Simon. Fruit Carpaccio
5. Song: Nuthin but a ‘G’ thang by Dr Dre feat. Snoop. Pancakes, chocolate mousse & cream
6. Song: Don’t look back into the sun by the Libertines. Sundae surprise
7. Song: Here I go again by Whitesnake. Cheesecake with jelly
Listen to the playlist on Spotify
More information at: Philip Karlberg & Mattias Nyhlin
via: Vinyl Desserts at 33 RPM By Phillip Karlberg & Mattias Nyhlin | Trendland: Fashion Blog & Trend Magazine.
Combining food, vinyl art & music together is my favorite combination!! These exquisite works of art looks so delicious I could almost eat it. The part I find most cool is that each piece of vinyl art is spinning on a vinyl record, & each creation is paired with some cool songs as well.
Take a look at these snapshots (plus each artists’ website), & drool along with me.